Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) is pleased to award Student Bursaries to women college or university students to attend Conferences throughout the year.
With the generous support of our Industry partner associations and WiRE, the Bursaries cover registration for the conference (and included meals). Additional expenses are not covered and are the responsibility of the recipient. As part of each bursary, the recipient agrees to help manage the WiRE exhibiting booth at each conference for a small period of time. The Bursaries are awarded based on demonstrated interest in renewable energy, academic achievement, work experience and potential for future contributions to the renewable energy community.
Bursary Applications will be available soon for fall 2018 industry events:
CanWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition October 23-25, Calgary Alberta
APPrO 30th Annual Canadian Power Conference & Networking Centre, November 12 & 13, Toronto ON
Sign up for the WiRE monthly newsletter to receive notification of Bursary application windows.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
• Available to any woman who is a currently enrolled as a full-time college or university student and currently not employed in the industry
• Interested in any sector of renewable energy, including academic, manufacturing, technical, consulting, engineering, finance, and others
• Must be planning to pursue a career in the energy sector
Bursary Recipient - Roles & Responsibilities
• Attend the conference for the full duration
• Undertake one mandatory shift with the WiRE exhibiting team, helping to manage WiRE’s display booth at the conference (training & FAQ’s provided)
• The recipient is required to cover all her own costs for transportation and accommodation – the bursary applies to the conference registration fee only
1. Application package must include (please note incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Current résumé or CV
- Statement of Interest (300-600 words) describing why the applicant is interested in attending the conference and how attendance will benefit the applicant, her community, campus, and/or organization
- Highlights of academic and/or work history
- Experience in renewable energy and career goals
- WiRE Statement (max 200 words) describing: What aspect of WiRE does the applicant finds most interesting? Why is WiRE unique and important? What role does WiRE play in the energy sector?
- Complete contact information, including phone, email, and mailing address
- Letters of recommendation are encouraged, but not required
2. Submit applications electronically to email@example.com by the deadline outlined for each confence
3. Bundle all of the above items into ONE PDF File, and save with the format: “Conference_LastName_FirstName”. (example: OWA_Smith_Jane.pdf)
4. In the subject line of the email, list the Conference you are applying for and your last name/first name (Example of Subject Line: OWA_Smith_Jane.pdf)
Successful recipients will be notified promptly.