Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) is pleased to award Student Bursaries to women college or university students to attend Conferences throughout the year.
With the generous support of our Industry partner associations and WiRE, the Bursaries cover registration for the conference (and included meals). Additional expenses are not covered and are the responsibility of the recipient. As part of each bursary, the recipient agrees to help manage the WiRE exhibiting booth at each conference for a small period of time. The Bursaries are awarded based on demonstrated interest in renewable energy, academic achievement, work experience and potential for future contributions to the renewable energy community.
Bursary Applications now being accepted for:
Solar Canada 2018 Conference and Exposition Conference
Date: June 20 - 21, 2018
Conference Location: BMO Centre, Calgary, Canada, Treaty 7 Territory Application Deadline: June 1st, 2018
Description: Provincial governments and consumers are focusing more on renewable energy in an effort to lower greenhouse gases and utilize more affordable sources of energy. This has created a tremendous opportunity for companies to expand their market presence in Canada. Solar Canada Conference & Exposition 2018 will provide an excellent platform to connect with industry professionals and enter this growing market.
Network with thousands of attendees and hundreds of exhibitors representing the entire industry: solar integration, development, engineering and EPC, equipment manufacturers, utilities, consultants, federal, provincial and municipal governments, communities, and students
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
• Available to any woman who is a currently enrolled as a full-time college or university student and currently not employed in the industry
• Interested in any sector of renewable energy, including academic, manufacturing, technical, consulting, engineering, finance, and others
• Must be planning to pursue a career in the energy sector
Bursary Recipient - Roles & Responsibilities
• Attend the conference for the full duration
• Undertake one mandatory shift with the WiRE exhibiting team, helping to manage WiRE’s display booth at the conference (training & FAQ’s provided)
• The recipient is required to cover all her own costs for transportation and accommodation – the bursary applies to the conference registration fee only
1. Application package must include (please note incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Current résumé or CV
- Statement of Interest (300-600 words) describing why the applicant is interested in attending the conference and how attendance will benefit the applicant, her community, campus, and/or organization
- Highlights of academic and/or work history
- Experience in renewable energy and career goals
- WiRE Statement (max 200 words) describing: What aspect of WiRE does the applicant finds most interesting? Why is WiRE unique and important? What role does WiRE play in the energy sector?
- Complete contact information, including phone, email, and mailing address
- Letters of recommendation are encouraged, but not required
2. Submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline outlined above for each confence
3. Bundle all of the above items into ONE PDF File, and save with the format: “Conference_LastName_FirstName”. (example: OWA_Smith_Jane.pdf)
4. In the subject line of the email, list the Conference you are applying for and your last name/first name (Example of Subject Line: OWA_Smith_Jane.pdf)
Successful recipients will be notified by June 8th.
Sign up for the WiRE monthly newsletter to receive notification of Bursary application windows.